Study Area

 Study Area: Highbanks Metro Park

Why here?: 

I chose to study Highbanks Metro Park because of its uniqueness, beauty, natural landscape, and its close proximity to the city of Columbus, Ohio. The park is over 1,200 acres and has a range of different habitats and landscapes including, restored wetlands, meadows, riverfront, and forests. Due to the size of the park, I am curious to see how biodiversity is affected by being close to roads, the Olentangy River and surrounded by neighborhoods, and being close to such a large city. 

Highbanks Metro Park - Ohio, US - Birding Hotspots   
What Else? 

I have also had a love for reptiles and amphibians for as long as I can remember. Another reason I chose this area is because of its many habitats. I would like to see how herps utilize the different habitats in the park, and whether they stay in one habitat or move to different ones depending on conditions. 

Below is a link to the park website:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Biodiversity

Mole Salamander Family

GIS Map